Nintendo Prime Community

Just thinking out loud... I know lots of people want to see NES, SNES, N64 and GC but for me I would like to see Wii and Wii U games. I'm aware that they are getting remasters but games like WW HD, TP HD, Yoshi's Wolly World and others are never going to get ported. Also, the Switch is perfect for Wii VC! We already have (unfortunatley) motion controls, so I think it would be a no-brainer ESPECIALLY because they are already running on Tegra X1 hardware. What do you guys think?

Well, first there needs to be a Virtual Console of some kind to begin with. We have the Arcade Archives, but that's not quite the same thing. If a Virtual Console gets announced, then maybe, but otherwise, I think they'll keep sticking with ports.

I mean, obviously we need to have Virtual Console in the first place. Without Virtual Console, there is nothing to discuss.

At the same time, I sincerely doubt we would EVER get Wii U VC. Because, as has been proven so far, they can just rerelease the entire Wii U exclusive library for full price and makes lots of money. You mention how WW HD, TP HD, and Yoshi's Wolly World will "never get ported" - I'm curious, how did you come to that conclusion?

Ports of Wii U games are cheap, simple, and easy to do and they have the entire lifespan of Switch to port them over. How do you know they aren't going to do just that with every exclusive? Also, explain this:

witch is perfect for Wii VC! We already have (unfortunatley) motion controls

Now, obviously I understand if motion controls are NOT your thing, but they really have no impact on most users. Very few games use them much, but they are still there for games that want to. Those controls have also made Nintendo Labo entirely possible, as well as the chance of getting Skyward Sword HD.  Just curious, when considering that, how people can think it's unfortunate that Switch has motion controls. Arguably, part of Switch's brilliance is how they incorporated practically every single control option they have had over the past 20 years in a simple pair of joycons.

I don't think those games will be ported because they were either already ports or were ported to 3ds. Same reason we won't get Mario maker on switch

19 hours ago, zach_sweenster said:

I don't think those games will be ported because they were either already ports or were ported to 3ds. Same reason we won't get Mario maker on switch

Mario Maker was technically a gimped port on 3DS. It would fit perfectly on Switch.

TPHD and WWHD were never on 3DS. It would be a shame to let those HD remasters die on a dead platform. I think your assumptions are off base. Nintendo has no issue repackaging their games so you buy them again, and again, and again. Look at how they have made people rebuy VC games over the years. They have no issue milking that cow.