Nathanial Rumphol-Janc

Nintendo Switch OT - The Breakfast Club of Hybrids

10 posts in this topic

Here is where we talk essentially anything that has to do with our impressions and general complaints about the Nintendo Switch!

I hate the way games are laid out. Sorted by most recently played is dumb in my opinion and I want more than one row like with the Wii U and 3DS's UI. I also don't like the "All games" menu when you reach 12 games.

Interesting. I prefer this greatly over the way 3DS and Wii U did it. What exactly don't you like about it and why?

I did just explain it already but I like being able have my games laid out however I want. It being fixed to most recently played is dumb, and as I said earlier, I like 3 rows compared to 1 big row. It's why I don't like the PS4's interface from what I've seen (I don't have a PS4 yet, so I don't know what else there is to it).
The reason I don't like the "All games" menu is because I like having all my games on one menu, not 2 or more.

Sorry, but the Switch's UI is incredibly limiting and is awful when it comes to how the games are laid out. Everything else is fine... except for the eShop, way too simple and has no music, I liked the Wii U's, but I'm hopeful that it's just because it's early stages and they'll add more menus and stuff on the eShop as more games get added in the next few months or so. I wasn't an early Wii U adopter so I don't know its eShop looked even vaguely how it does now.

On 01/05/2017 at 2:01 AM, Kevin Triforce said:

I like how similar it is to the PS4's U.I.

From what I've seen (I don't have a PS4 yet), I don't like the look of its UI either.

On 5/4/2017 at 0:25 PM, Peace Boy said:

From what I've seen (I don't have a PS4 yet), I don't like the look of its UI either.

See I was never a fan of PS4's UI, but it also felt a hell of a lot like a dvd player or a smart TV UI. Which felt weird to me because the primary use of this is supposed to be gaming, so I shouldn't need to go to drop downs or multiple sub-menus to play a game. Where as, on Switch, the UI does essentially what i want it to - easy to navigate and lets me get to my games generally without a submenu.

On 2017-5-13 at 9:49 PM, Nathanial Rumphol-Janc said:

See I was never a fan of PS4's UI, but it also felt a hell of a lot like a dvd player or a smart TV UI. Which felt weird to me because the primary use of this is supposed to be gaming, so I shouldn't need to go to drop downs or multiple sub-menus to play a game. Where as, on Switch, the UI does essentially what i want it to - easy to navigate and lets me get to my games generally without a submenu.

I don't know what kind of fancy DVD player you had, but all I know is the one I had just had a background, you put the disc in to play, that's it.
Smart TV? The ones my parents had were kinda like Wii U's UI - squares for the apps, but along with a few other things too.
I still miss the grid layout of the Wii U and 3DS. :/ 

Since we're still in the infancy of the Switch's online services it's not a big deal but I'm a bit confused to see a large number of  old Neo-Geo games available for download and no classic first party games yet.

On 5/17/2017 at 6:49 AM, AmonAmarth said:

Since we're still in the infancy of the Switch's online services it's not a big deal but I'm a bit confused to see a large number of  old Neo-Geo games available for download and no classic first party games yet.

Admittedly it is weird. Yes they publicized the NeoGeo partnership, but the fact we have those games and ZERO word about VC always felt weird. I am assuming this will be addressed at E3.