Nintendo Prime Community
Nathanial Rumphol-Janc

Forum Feedback and shaping

First of all, glad to see these back up again! I keep saying the last time is the last time, but I guess I just can't stay away :P

I'm noticing a lack of themes this time around, along with separate topic-specific boards. The member statistics on the side is a nice touch.

So a few things! 

1. Thanks so much for coming back! I know our community at the board was small anyways, but I really appreciated having it and I think with our discord being a bit active and some real promotion on our site, social media, and YouTube we can definitely drive a more active community here. Glad you came back. This is absolutely the last time the boards will be wiped and started fresh, I can guarantee that much. Even if we change hosts in the future, it will be with the ability to port over a database backup.

2. The lack of themeing is exactly why the forums are not really being promoted. It just isn't a "Nintendo Prime" look right now, which is fine. I just want a handful of active people here so we can test things and actually invite new people into a board that already has some activity. I do have someone working on a brand new theme both for these boards and the site itself. I am unsure how long it will take to be complete, they are making it in their spare time. But once the theme is ready is when I'll really push the boards.

3. The separate topic boards is actually what this topic is for. :) I want to know what kind of boards you guys would like to see. I think keeping it to 5 or less is ideal. No need to spread ourselves too thin.

4. I threw those statistics there the other day. Just playing around a bit. Been awhile!

• Like 2

1. Posting a Discord link somewhere would be a good idea probably, either here on the forums or somewhere on the main site.

2. I look forward to seeing what themes we can choose from ;)

3. Some suggestions:

• A "Nintendo Prime Board" for topics relating to Nintendo Prime, whether about its content or about NP itself
  • A "Nintendo Video Games Board" for topics relating to Nintendo. Could have subsections regarding console/handheld or Mario/Zelda/etc.
  • A "General Board" for general what-not

Maybe a new member introductions thread could be highlighted.  Let everyone get a chance to introduce themselves, and what type of gaming they are into.  I am new here, and didn't see a thread like that to just come in and say Hi.

• Like 1