Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Power Master

Lost Epona Glitch?

6 posts in this topic

Forums have been quiet, so let's kickstart it somewhat with a question I've been meaning to ask.

The first time I decided to use my amiibo in Zelda: Breath of the Wild was when I was on an island. Scanned in the Smash Link amiibo and got Epona...to find I couldn't get her off of the island! Stupid me was stupid. I thought "Okay, tomorrow I'll just scan Link again and get her back." ...Nope, all Link's been giving me are random treasures and stuff (I got the Cap and Tunic of Twilight, however). Went back to the island and Epona was gone.

My question is: Is there a chance scanning Link will bring Epona back? Or have I completely screwed myself over?

Posted (edited)

You're in luck.

Epona will have a chance to respawn as long as you haven't registered her yet. I lost my Epona on a cliff she couldn't get up or down from. Later on she spawned again for me.

Took about 20 days of Link scans though. It's a rare chance. You'll find her again eventually.

If you don't believe me, there are other people online who have been in similar conundrums like the two of us. More than one person freaked out after spawning her on the Great Plateau, for example. A lot of people gave up trying to get her back, but they shouldn't have reset the game. Nothing has been lost but one day of amiibo scan.

By the way it's not a glitch. This is a feature, so that Epona isn't lost forever. Once she's logged with the Stable system, she won't spawn from the amiibo anymore, so take care of her when you do get her back! I recommend always using the TP Link amiibo figurines in front of a stable for safety purposes.

Edited by Marandahir

Okay, good to hear! I wasn't able to register her because I lost her on that island, so I'll keep scanning Link until I get her. Thanks!

:) I am surprised Epona hasn't died yet in my game. She's taken such a beating. But she's due.

...Wait, what? Epona can die?! ...Well, crap, guess I'm just sticking her in the stable once I get her, then.

Hey, so, I did manage to spawn Epona again! ...On top of Hebra Mountain. I got her down, but she kinda died upon landing, so, uh... yeah. At least I've proven to myself that I can get Epona again! I just need to be smarter about were I scan my amiibo :P